Help support the collection.

Washington's Camp Cups

1777

These silver camp cups, with later commemorative inscriptions, were part of General George Washington’s camp equipment during the American War of Independence. The original set of twelve cups, used to serve wine to aides and guests at the General’s table, were made in the shop of Philadelphia silversmith Edmund Milne in August 1777.

Related media