Welcome to the web site (the "Site") provided to you by the Museum of the American Revolution--MoAR-- ("us,” or “we”). This Privacy Statement addresses practices regarding information collected from visitors of the Site and only addresses information collected directly through or from the Site – it does not address or govern any information gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from the visitor (sometimes referred to as a “visitor,” "you," or "your") other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media. We can be contacted at email@example.com or by telephone at 215-253-6731. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into our Terms and Conditions by reference, as if set forth fully therein, which must be reviewed and accepted by you. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. It does not knowingly collect personal information online from visitors in this age group.
1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors. Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways: To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you); process transactions; and to send periodic emails and e-newsletters. MoAR does not send unsolicited email messages. If you wish to leave our email list, click on “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message.
Except as specifically set forth herein, we may collect or track (a) the home server domain names, date and time of your visit, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site; (b) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with us via e-mail; (c) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration or membership forms, contest entries, surveys, e-mail, and other online avenues (including, without limitation, demographic and personal profile data); (d) aggregate and visitor-specific information regarding which pages a visitor accesses; and (e) financial information provided by a visitor, including credit card number and billing address, retained by our payments processing dealer only in order to process credit card payments to us. In order to utilize some features of the Site, visitors may have to pay a fee, and thus additional financial information will be required at the time of purchase. If you do not wish to provide such information to the Site, you will be unable to register and/or to provide or obtain products or services from the Site.
2. Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by us may be used for many reasons, for example, for recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotional purposes, statistical analysis of visitors’ behavior, product development, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Aggregate data on visitors’ home servers may be used for internal purposes, and individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to us may be added to our databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding Site updates, new products and services, and upcoming events.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Personal information provided through the Site may be used and disclosed by other entities and/or business partners in the operation of the Site, in order to provide products and services requested and for marketing and promotional purposes. Without limiting the foregoing, financial information may be maintained and housed by our donations processing center dealer for the purpose of processing payments and conducting related transactions. Aggregate data on visitors’ home servers and individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, and phone numbers, may be provided to third parties such as marketing firms. Any personal information provided by you on general areas of the Site may be read by us and/or other visitors, and could potentially be used by us and/or such third parties. Identifiable and non-identifiable visitor information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which our organization enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by MoAR in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of MoAR or any other person or entity. While we may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which we share, rent, sell, or otherwise disclose personal information is under a contractual obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which we exercise no control. We are not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
4. Security Measures and Communicating with the Museum. The Museum has implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Despite our efforts to protect your personal information, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via this Site or via e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Instead of communicating with us via e-mail or the Internet, visitors can contact us by regular mail at 101 South Third Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, or by phone at (215) 253-6731.
5. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, we will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by us that has been voluntarily provided by you to us through online forms, registration forms, contest entries, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change, or update your personal information by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses or numbers above. Except as necessary to obtain the products, services, or information requested, you may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided to us through online forms, membership or registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenues, prospectively retained by us, used by us for secondary purposes, or disclosed by us to third parties, by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses set out above. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the visitor to the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description in this Section 5.
You may opt-out of having your information used by the Museum for these purposes, or you may update your contact information anytime, by contacting us via the following e-mail or postal mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum of the American Revolution
Attention: Digital Marketing Manager
101 South Third St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106 USA
Moreover, when we send you communications regarding Museum programs and activities, you will always have an immediate opportunity to decline further communications by unsubscribing.
6. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com or write us at the address above.
Users should be aware that the Museum contracts with several third-party vendors to provide certain services made available on and to process transactions made through this website. Use of these services is subject to the privacy policies of such third-party vendors (identified below).
Purchasing Tickets/Web Ticketing
The Museum provides visitors with the opportunity to purchase tickets, programs, and memberships online. When visitors to the Museum website choose to purchase tickets online, they are linked to a website powered by Gateway Ticketing Systems, allowing us to efficiently automate the selling and allocating of tickets in real-time. Visitors to the Gateway Ticket Systems website are covered by the museum’s policy.
Museum Store and Online Membership
The Museum provides visitors with an opportunity to make online purchases from the Museum retail store. When visitors to the Museum website choose to make an online purchase, they are linked to a website served by Event Network. Visitors to the CAM Commerce Solutions websites are subject to Event Network policies and should refer to the Event Network website for further information.
Support the Museum
The Museum of the American Revolution also provides visitors with an opportunity to make a contribution to our organization through an online donation page.
The information that you supply during any of the above transaction processes is used to fulfill your order and will also be used to track and analyze transaction trends. This information is also subject to the "Sending Us Personal Information" section above. When visitors choose to make a donation to the MoAR, they are linked to a website served by Blackbaud/Luminate Online. Visitors to the Blackbaud/Luminate Online websites are subject to those sites’ privacy policies and should refer to those policies for further information.
8. Children's Privacy on the Web
The Museum is concerned about protecting children's privacy. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a visitor known to be a child under the age of 13 sends an e-mail to the Museum, we will only use it to respond to the writer and not to create profiles or otherwise retain the information.
The Museum's website may provide links to third-party websites that may offer various products, services, and/or information. You should be aware that your use of these third-party websites may be subject to separate terms and conditions, information collection practices, and other provisions. The Museum does not endorse, nor is it responsible for, any of the products, services, or content offered in any third-party sites. Before using any third-party service, it shall be your sole responsibility to conduct whatever investigation you deem necessary and appropriate.
10. Revisions to Our Web Policies
Dated: February 26, 2018